Saturday, March 14, 2015

RESTAURANT REVIEW: Daravara

Weekends in Edmonton always go by so fast when I come back for birthdays, anniversaries, special events. I always leave Edmonton feeling so unfulfilled because it was yet another weekend that went by without me trying out a new restaurant that Edmonton had to offer. So when one of our old friends told us he was coming from Houston to Edmonton for a quick visit, we decided we all had to do what you could do best in Edmonton ... eat. If you live in Edmonton, you'll know that a lot (and I mean a lot!) of new restaurants and pubs and eateries have opened up in the past few years. We decided to go check out Daravara (10713 124 St NW, Edmonton, AB) for brunch.

The menu was small but what was important was that it had a variety of food on there that was unique. I decided to go with the $14 Cornmeal Pancakes combo (shown below). I was immediately drawn to this item because I've never tried cornmeal pancakes before! The cornmeal taste was quite evident and served with syrup and better, tasted better than normal pancakes! The turkey sausage was cut into round slices and well-seasoned. I would've prefered the syrup to be served on the side because at this point my sausages were drenched in syrup which made for an awkward taste. The fruit was plentiful and fresh, all in all a good combination!



Shortly after our trip here, Daravara was named #5 on Avenue's Best New Restaurants of 2015. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the bar area as I already got made fun of enough by the boys for taking a picture of my food ... but I've used Avenue as a source because I wanted to make sure the world sees this! I'd like to point out that it's been an ongoing idea in mine and my boyfriend's minds to implement piping/bottling decor into our houses. So you can imagine my excitement when I saw this at Daravara (shown below). This was the first time I had seen it in a public setting so I was ecstatic to see that Daravara had taken it to the next level and utilized Jameson bottles as light fixtures!



I'll definitely have to come back for lunch and dinner. I can just hear the house made beer cheese and confit duck tacos screaming my name! 


Daravara on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment